Brian Carter Cellars Looks Back on Another Stunning Year
Happy New Year! It is time to look back on the year as Brian Carter Cellars wraps up 2018 on a successful note. Brian Carter shared his thoughts on his 39th harvest in Washington State.
“What a year,” said Carter, winemaker and managing partner of Brian Carter Cellars in Woodinville WA, “the 2018 harvest which is safely in the barrel and is one of the best I can remember, this year’s wines have great balance and fruit, with the reds showing particularly well with dark color and ripe, rounded tannins.”
This year, Brian Carter Cellars took home the following top honors:
- “Winery of Distinction” Award - Northwest Wine Summit
- Best of Category and Gold - Northwest Wine Summit for the 2013 Le Coursier, 2013 Solesce, 2013 Ace, and 2015 Opulento.
- “Best of Show” - Washington State Wine Awards for the 2017 Abracadabra Rosé
- Double Gold - Washington State Wine Awards for the 2014 Trentenaire
- “Top 50 Wines $30-and-under” - Seattle Times Pacific NW Magazine for the 2015 Abracadabra Red and 2015 Opulento.
- Double Gold – Seattle Wine Awards for the 2013 ACE, 2013 Le Coursier, and 2016 Oriana
- Jefferson Cup Nominee and Double Gold – Jefferson Cup Wine Invitational for the 2014 Solesce
- Best of Class and Gold – Cascadia Wine Competition for the 2015 Abracadabra Red
- Double Gold - Cascadia Wine Competition for the 2015 Opulento
- Best of Class & Double Gold – Tri-Cities Wine Festival for the 2014 Byzance
- Double Gold – Tri-Cities Wine Festival for the 2015 Opulento
Brian Carter Cellars was also honored with 8 Double Golds, 12 Golds, 30 Silver, and 14 Bronze medals in 2018, receiving a total of 70 medals.
“We are deeply honored to have Brian Carter Cellars chosen for these highly competitive awards. Along with the many honors we have received, this a great tribute to the Washington growers who provide us with such exceptional grapes and to my hardworking staff who continue to contribute to making Brian Carter Cellars great”, said Carter.
Brian Carter, Winemaker